Wearable and Mobile Interactions: Contemporary Perspectives in Art, Design, and Science, Leonardo Electronic Almanac
Deadline January 10, 2013
Senior Editors for this volume: Lanfranco Aceti, Luisa Paraguai and Rachel Zuanon (Anhembi Morumbi University) in collaboration with Janis Jefferies (Goldsmiths College) and Barbara Layne (Concordia University)
The wearable and mobile technologies are a knowledge area in constant development, evoking significant transformations on human/machine communication to configure an effective and affective interface. Those technological artifacts have augmented the personal boundaries redesigning the corporeal schema and lived experiences of bodily spatiality. Exchanges between biological and technological systems have constructed possible dialogues evoking questions and pointing out challenges.
The Leonardo Electronic Almanac (LEA) is inviting proposals for an issue on these themes co-edited by senior editors Lanfranco Aceti, Luisa Paraguai and Rachel Zuanon.
Proposals are invited from artists, designers and scientists that work on issues related to the creation and the development of wearable and mobile technologies. Interdisciplinary proposals that merge art, design, science and technology are particularly welcome and concern with:
2.textile technologies and smart textiles;
3.environmental, economical and social sustainability;
4.bodyspace and mobility;
7.social networks and
The Leonardo Electronic Almanac (LEA) will produce an online and printed issue, as well as host curated images and videos online.
Proposals to: email@example.com
a) Subject heading: “Wearable and Mobile Interactions: Contemporary Perspectives in Art, Design, and Science”
b) 500 hundred word abstract for articles – submission of full articles preferred for this special issue by proposal deadline January 10, 2013. It’s recommended to include:
b1) 2 images at 72 dpi resolution no larger than 800 pixels width
b2) Links to previous work, videos or personal sites for artists and designers
c) Deadline for submission of full article: April 10, 2013.
• For scholarly papers, please, submit the final paper ready for peer review. Your contribution will be reviewed by at least two members of the LEA board and revisions may be requested subject to review.
• For themed and pictorial essays, please, submit an abstract or outline for editorial consideration and further discussion.
• Please keep your news, announcements and hyperlinks brief and focused; include contact details and a link to an external site where relevant.
• We reserve the right to sub-edit your submissions in order to comply with LEA policies and formats. Where material is time-sensitive, please, include both embargo and expiry dates.
• In all cases, specify special system considerations where these are necessary (platform, codecs, plug-ins, etc.)
For further information or images submission contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!